Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Is It Sports? On Location

Well I know I hyped the return of Is It Sports, and you, my oh so few readers, may have even been pleasantly surprised by me cranking out 3 posts in a week, only to go 20 days without one. Well, I've been a traveling man, so I'm happy to say this is the first "on location" Is It Sports post, something I couldn't do with the old site because I needed Front Page. I spent the week of August 7 with my girlfriend in Colorado Springs, and now I'm coming to you live from Mesa, Arizona. Here are some thoughts from the past few weeks.

- In Colorado, I got to go to my first game at Coors Field, and it did not disappoint. I saw the Rockies lay a 10-2 smackdown on the Cubs, and now I can tell my grandkids one day that I saw a man named Jacque and a man named Choo homer in the same game.

- As I mentioned in my last post, I went to my first ever PGA Event, the International, that same weekend. I found the whole experience pretty interesting, especially how far everyone could drive the ball in that thin Colorado air. I also think its fun to see a man in pink, neon blue, or yellow pants holding a metal rod being followed around by hundreds of people

- A summary of some talk I've been hearing around town...
Cardinals football is heating up here in Arizona!!!....uh yeah
But they have the Edge!!.....that's nice
Matt Leinart is the QB of the future!!!.....probably for another team

- But here's my favorite story of them all...Apparently, there is a restaurant chain that is getting popular in the southwest called the Pink Taco. If you don't know what the joke is, look it up on google image search with parental controls turned off. The owner of the chain is serious about naming the new Cards stadium in Glendale "Pink Taco Stadium." Now I know I like to doctor pictures for the site, but this picture is very real. I got it from the Arizona Republic. Of course, the stadium will never be named this, but really, of all the teams in the NFL, wouldn't this be the most appropriate one to play in a place called Pink Taco Stadium? They are already the joke of the league. They're the only team that can't sell out, and they've only won one playoff game since 1947. So in my opinion, I think Pink Taco Stadium is perfect.

Well that wraps everything up. Ryan is doing his NFL Preview right now, mine will be coming soon in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home